Spier Modafinil is a wakefulness inducing drug produced by Spier Pharmaceuticals. The active pharmaceutical ingredient employed in this stimulant is Modafinil USP 200. Spier modafinil comes as an oral medication in packs of 10 tablets.
Modafinil is prescribed to improve wakefulness and enhance the mood and memory of patients who are afflicted by sleep disorder problems due to narcolepsy, a sleep disorder that causes excessive day time sleepiness, obstructive sleep apnea/hypoapnea which is caused due to disturbed sleep because of difficulty in breathing and shift work sleep disorder, a condition typical to people working in shifts.
Modafinil helps to treat the symptoms of these sleep disorders by regulating chemicals in the brain that controls the normal sleep cycle of wakefulness and sleep. Modafinil has been proven to be effective and safe in treating sleep disorder symptoms when taken as directed.
For narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea/hypoapnea
- One tablet taken once a day with or without food in the mornings
For shift work sleep disorder
- One tablet taken once a day with or without food 1 hour prior to starting your shift work schedule
Modafinil dosage is effective only when taken daily at the same scheduled time. You should not change the daily dosage time without consulting your doctor.
Before starting your Spier Modafinil dosage you should tell your doctor or pharmacist
- If you are allergic to any stimulants
- If you are already taking other medications, both prescribed and non-prescribed
- If you are taking alcohol
- If you have any health issues related to liver, kidney and heart
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you are using birth control medications or trying to become pregnant
Following are some of the side effects that can occur while taking modafinil
- Dry mouth
- Nose bleed
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
Call you doctor immediately if you have any of these symptoms while using Modafinil.